Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) offer enormous opportunity for patients and providers to work together to increase quality of care, lower costs and improve the health of the community. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (ACA) opened up new opportunities for Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries to take advantage of care in an Accountable Care Organization and gave ACOs new opportunities to serve this important population. ACO's from around the country have come together to form NAACOS with the following mission:
- Foster growth of ACO models of care;
- Participate with Federal Agencies in development & implementation of public policy;
- Provide industry-wide uniformity on quality and performance measures;
- Educate members in clinical and operational best practices;
- Collectively engage the vendor community, and
- Educate the public about the value of accountable care.