Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) offer enormous opportunity for patients and providers to work together to increase quality of care,
lower costs and improve the health of the community. The Patient Protection and Accountable Care Act of 2010 (ACA) opened up new opportunities
for Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries to take advantage of care in an Accountable Care Organization and gave ACOs new opportunities to serve
this important population. ACOs from around the country have come together to form NAACOS with the following mission:
- Foster growth of ACO models of care;
- Participate with Federal Agencies in the development and implementation of public policy;
- Provide industry-wide uniformity on quality and performance measures;
- Educate members in clinical and operational best practices;
- Collectively engage the vendor community, and
- Educate the public about the value of accountable care.
The first webinars were held and the slides are available. Click the date to view.
NAACOS will host 2 additional free webinars at 1:00pm ET on the dates below for organizations interested in learning more about the
critical elements in the implementation process for ACOs. If you registered for the series in advance, you still need to register for each webinar. Topics are:
Complete PDF Flyer
NAACOS Fall Conference
Hyatt Regency Baltimore, Inner Harbor
Registration and Exhibitor Prospectus available soon!
The schedule for new ACO applications is posted on the
CMS Website with the following critical dates:
- Notices of Intent accepted:
May 1-31, 2013
- MSSP Applications accepted:
July 1-31 2013
- Approval/Denial decisions:
- Reconsideration: Fall 2013
The March 19-21 Conference was a huge success with over 150 attendees and 4 key CMS speakers. Watch soon for a conference summary and presenter slides to be posted.
See Conference Presentations